Friday, January 22, 2010

A First

It seems so many are blogging now days. I don't know if I will ever give this address out to anyone. As of now I am going to use this as my way of expressing feelings, excitement, joy, sadness and who knows what else. Let's start...

As of a year ago January I had been praying for two years about adoptions. My hubby wasn't interested and I was. So... I prayed for two years God would change his heart. Last year in January I started a fast with some people in our church. A fast for our church, for our nation and for my family. During that fast my prayers were answered on many different levels. One being my husband said yes to adopting a little girl. We then decided it would be through our state and through the foster system. We have now been a year in this process, come close to adopting once and once again are waiting. It is hard to wait. Very hard. I am again fasting this year and many answered prayers are again happening. We still wait for our daughter to come home... wait it is.

God says, "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."

Do I have that kind of faith? About our adoption 100% yes. Do I have patience.... no. I know we will adopt a little girl into our lives if God believes we can give a little girl a home, a mommy and daddy and 4 brothers. I know she will bless our lives every bit as much as we will bless hers. I know my heart yearns for her. Do I want her now? Yes. Will I wait on God? Yes. He is our provider in all things and this is a matter that is best left up to His will, His timing. Praise be to God I can give Him the big and little things in life and leave them at His feet! Do I have faith ALL the time. Sadly I try to take things on myself and find them not go well or the best they can. Forgive me Father in Heaven for thinking I can do it on my own at any point in time. You are mighty and Holy, The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Praise be to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment