Saturday, March 20, 2010

Can you pray for us?

Even though I did not go to Kenya or Hatti or Ethiopia, I feel as though I have. My heart aches every day and I get teary eyed every day thinking about the kids in Kenya I read about. I have many thoughts go through my head. I wonder if Brad and I are doing enough with our abundance. I wonder if we are sitting stagnant when God is calling us to adopt outside of our country. I read yesterday on an international adoption site called CCI. My friend Amy in her blog, "Building The Blocks" talks about CCI. It is who they went through with their latest adoption of a beautiful baby girl. They say most kids in Ethiopia are in orphanages because their parents died or have such poverty they can't take care of them. Is God working on my heart towards international adoption? If so, how is he going to work on Brad's? I don't have the answers. I wish I did. Could you pray for us? Pray for answers? Ethiopia is a country where the wait is nil. Once your dossier is submitted you have immediate placement or just a 3 month wait. I don't know. :(

I look at the difference from Ethiopia to America. American kids need love every bit as much as the inter country adoption kids do, but American kids circumstances are so different. The kids are in care because parents do drugs, drink alcohol, abuse them, let others abuse them. It is sad, it is not right, but it is so different than other countries. So many of the American children are so traumatized, it is heart wrenching, yet we have waited a year to adopt our daughter and it just isn't happening. I don't know what is right or wrong, which route we should be considering. Please pray for us and a decision. Please pray for all the children needing mommies and daddies throughout our country and the other countries around the world. Pray and ask God what you can do to help. Not just help and forget, but help and remember. Help so you might have to tighten down on spending that is not necessary. Remember to thank God for the blessings he has given you. If you were to go to this blog, http://www.wearethatfamily.com/ and read about her Kenya trip you would see how blessed we truly are, even if we live paycheck to paycheck. Thanks for bearing with me as I hurt and put my feelings out there. They are not easy feelings for me to deal with and it feels good to write them down. Ann

4 comments:

  1. I have been praying for your adoption situation and will continue to. I know the uncertainty is hard. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your and Brad, sister dear. Praying that you both would be open to what God has for you, even if that means waiting a little while. And praying for your dear little girl!

    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you friend!!! Praying with you...crying with you...hoping with you!!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you! I love seeing the love for orphans spread through our church! For years when we didn't have our boys, we always said...."someday we will probably adopt!" Now with all the excitement in our church about it, my heart longs to give love to children who are without! I'm glad I found your Blog! I love reading what you write! for all your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete